Calendar and Hours
Friends Center for Children is a year round, full time program. The Center’s program runs from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday for the infant/toddler program and 7:30 am – 5:30 pm for the preschool program. Please see the FCfC calendar for school closings due to holidays and vacations.
The FCFC difference
There are many factors that make the Friends Center unique, including:
- Child-centered philosophy: The Friends Center’s progressive approach recognizes and nurtures each child’s unique gifts and development needs - a philosophy that is integral to our curriculum, activities, and interactions.
- Value-based curriculum: To help children develop holistically,the Friends Center’s curriculum incorporates the Quaker values of peace, simplicity, truth, equality and community.
- Cooperative program: As a cooperative childcare center, parents and teachers work together to support each child’s growth.
- Student/teacher ratios: The Friends Center maintains a low 3 to 1 student/teacher ratio with additional support from our cooperative volunteers.
- Financial aid: Friends Center has a sliding scale tuition, participates in the School Readiness Program and accepts Care 4 Kids funding. Families pay based on their income.
- Location: The Friends Center offers a natural environment, easily accessible from the city. The setting enhances our curriculum by providing daily opportunities for hands-on experiences in natural and physical sciences.